On this page you will find up-to-date information about the ongoing projects that different working groups across the organisation are currently working on.
Regional Working Group on Transport and Logistics
Kolarctic CBC project: Barents Region Transport and Logistics
The project KO1029 Barents Region Transport and Logistics is financed through the Kolarctic CBC Programme 2018-2021.
There are 13 partners in total; from Finland 4, Norway 4, Sweden 2 and Russia 3 partners. The lead Partner is the Regional Council of Kainuu and the duration of the project is 36 months. Specific objective of the project are:
1. Better awareness of situation of the main transport corridors in Barents Region.
2. Increased level of knowledge of the World transport market and impacts on the Barents Region.
3. Better understanding “Green Transport” concept and its meaning to Barents Region.
4. Better understanding of current/planned, public/private ITS projects relevant to the Barents region, an implemented ICT based tools supporting the cross-border co-operation.
5. Increased awareness and common understanding of future transport cross-border cooperation through “Action Plan" of the Barents region transport
Contact person: Jussi Huotari, firstname.lastname@example.org, tlf. +358 44 410 0731
Kolarctic CBC Project: Barents On Time
Hundreds of travellers cross the boundaries between Russia, Finland and Norway daily. Travelling by bus is not always convenient and efficient. The project "Barents On Time" (BoT) has an objective to provide cross-border travellers with up-to-date tools and services for using public transport. The target group is authorities, bus terminals and bus operating companies. The project will result in new tools and services: website with timetables and route search, mobile ticket application and information screens on bus stops. The project will facilitate bus priority at cross-border checkpoints, produce emergency plan to increase safety, and contribute to efficient timetables.
Contact person: Lars Engerengen, email@example.com
Regional Working Group on Environment:
Ecological Restoration of Arctic Rivers (Kolarctic CBC Project, KO1078 ReArc)
Currently a new project, will be updated as soon as more information is available.
Contact person: Magnus Johansson, firstname.lastname@example.org