Completed Working Groups
Regional Working Group on Information Technology
The Regional Working Group on Information Technology (WG on IT) was established in March 2001 and closed 2007. The main aims were to develop the Barents co-operation in the field of information technologies through joint projects and increased exchange of knowledge. Some of the major tasks of the Working Group were the following:
- The Barents Information Service (BIS)- A Gateway to Barents Information. The BIS-project aims collecting information on the Barents Region and edit it in to information packages for the internet, in a user-friendly BarentsInfo.org www-portal.
- eBarents - project is targeting the main cities in the Russian part of Barents Region, aiming at mapping out the basic IT infrastructure in the area.
- Other tasks
– To develop a plan for the dissemination of ICT knowledge in the Barents region
– Survey the possibilities of access to the Internet and the Internet tools on remote areas of the Barents Region
– Co-operation with the ‘Barents Region 2010’-strategy and the Barents Regional Committee’s Information strategy
Roland Lundquist - Chairman
County Administration of Vasterbotten / IT Vasterbotten
92131 Lycksele, Sweden
Norway: Per Eidsvik/Nordland, Lars Krogh/Finnmark, Sigurd Sjursen/Troms
Sweden: Katarina Gustavsson/Norrbotten, Roland Lundqvist, Västerbotten
Russia: Olga Buch/Murmansk, Vladimir A. Kolomentsev/Arkhangelsk, Natalia Ruzanova/ Karelia, Andrej Panov/Nenets District
Finland: Mikko Väisänen/North Ostrobothnia, Eero Vilhu/Kainuu, Liisa Kurppa/Lapland